Commercial Sewer Services

Is Sewer Available in my Area?

To find out if sewer is available to a particular property or area, people can use the Sewer Inquiry Form. Typical users are consultants, realtors, and homeowners not served by sanitary sewer and prospective property buyers. Results of completing this form are varied and include:

  • No, service is not available, and there are no plans to extend service at this time.
  • No service currently, but could be extended to the site.
  • Yes, service is available. In this case, information would be provided to the person submitting the form including what money (if any) would be payable FRSA prior to connection, and what the new homeowner needs to do to get sewer to the house.

Registration Requirements for Plumbing and Sewer Contractors

All plumbing and sewer contractors that wish to perform work on Four Rivers’ Sanitary Sewer System, both directly and indirectly, must complete the required bonding and registration process per Ordinance, which can be found here. Additionally, the individual bond form for each category can be found below:

To obtain a current list of registered and bonded plumbing and sewer contractors, please email or call 815-387-7555.

Starting Sewer Services

If you are purchasing a new commercial or industrial property, you will complete a transfer document as a part of the closing process. Four Rivers Sanitation Authority will create a new account in the owner’s name when the transfer document is received. You may also wish to contact Customer Service at 815-387-7500 to confirm that your new account is active.

If you are not going through a closing process, or if you are assuming responsibility for billing for a property, please call Customer Service at 815-387-7500 to start your sewer services.

Stopping Sewer Services

If you are selling a commercial or industrial property, Four Rivers Sanitation Authority would have completed a final bill for your title company. Once the appropriate transfer documents have been received and your final bill has been paid, we will terminate your account.  

If you are no longer responsible for the sewer billing at a property, please contact Customer Service at 815-387-7500 to close your account.